Organizational alignment is key to achieving strategic goals and successful realization to strategy execution. It is the cornerstone of maximization of goal attainment & a leading driver of organizational success & progress. It’s criticality is only highlighted by the fact, that, we, at The Brew regard it as one of key critical ingredient (of the overall 6 elaborated in The Brew’s Science of Building High Performance Organization) to building of high performance organization.
Based on organizational alignment research, highly aligned organizations have the following attributes, vis a vis the less aligned ones:
- Grow revenue 58% faster
- Are 72% more profitable
- Satisfy customers 3.2-to-1
- Engage employees 16.8-to-1
And hence, the importance of organizational alignment, can’t be understated – one of the key reasons being, most of the strategic organizational goals & metrics are driven by cross functional impact – multiple internal stakeholders & functions having a role to play in its realization, while seeing through the competing goals that realize moving the needle favorably of these strategic goals. Which is why, the importance of organizational alignment becomes so imperative – cos through alignment, the inter-dependencies, the multiplier effects over the value chain & the optimization of organizational resources to get orchestrated, enabling the realization of strategic goals.
How does The Brew’s Organizational Alignment Index helps ?
- It follows a bottom-up approach, giving visibility of critical information percolation & communication at the grassroots
- In addition to last mile information check, it gauges the employee perceptions in terms of readiness, feasibility & preparedness to the ask of essentials for realization of strategic goals.
- The degree & direction of interaction between employee perceptions & employee efforts, from the lens of expectations, accountability, practices & teams
- From the above insights, the Management & Leadership are to get extremely important lead indicators & follow-up actions to improve realization of organizational goals.
The Organizational Alignment Index was created to enable Leaders & Organizations to realize their peak performances, measuring employee perceptions & behaviors on 3 elements (this constitutes Organizational Alignment): Strategic Clarity to Operational Objectivity, Healthy & High Performance Culture and Engaged Employees.
Drawing from validated research, here is the science of elements comprising Organizational Alignment:
- Strategic Clarity to Operational Objectivity explains 31% of the difference in performance between aligned & unaligned organizations. That being said, quite often we have witnessed Leaders believe that their plan for success are twice as clear as their employees. The Alignment score enables Leaders to iron these anomalies out.
- Healthy & High Performance Culture explains 40% of the difference in performance between aligned & unaligned organizations.
- Engaged Employees explains 29% of the difference in performance between aligned & unaligned organizations.
About The Brew
The Brew, enables high impact solutions on levers of human capital, enhancing organizational performance – capability – effectiveness yield, basing to build high performance teams & sustainable high impact workplaces, with ultimate objective to create competitive advantages. Be it building high performing workplaces, or high potential teams, improving organizational effectiveness, or organizational trust, engagement, embedded-ness, culture or to improve business outcomes, human capital ROI – we leverage our demonstrated competence in these outcomes to transform organization. Check out The Brew & The Brew Store for further info.