Why be an OKR Champion & improve OKR capability maturity ?? OKRs are simply transformational ! When deployed to its potential, it not only enables teams to contribute to organizational objectives directly, but also establishes broad alignment, accountability, autonomy, focus & transparency across the entire organization – No doubt, the research validates that OKR Champions are 4x more likely to high performance, earning its place in top quartiles across industries.
As powerful as this may sound, at The Brew we continue to see at least 2 prominent trends for organizations aspiring to go the OKR way: a) Far too many organization fail long before they get started; b) Secondly, there is a difference between being OKR Ready & being OKR Champion. These organizations fall short before ever reaching the level of maturity where their organization is fully aligned and transparent, accomplishing their goals with a collaborative, cross-functional approach. That’s what led to OKR Capability Maturity Index, objectively gauging across 10 elemental dimensions of OKR methodology, it helps leaders & organizations ascertain critical gaps to reach program maturity & fullest value unlocking of workplace potential.
Spread across 5 levels – Initial, Emerging, Developing, Proficient & Champion, The Brew’s OKR Capability Maturity Index, enables potential high performing & OKR aspirational organizations & their Leadership with the following:
- Uniquely gauges organizations across 10 elemental dimensions (Goal Development, Focus & Commitment, Measurement Rigor, Distributed Accountability, Distributed Ownership etc.) of OKR methodology;
- Helps business leaders & organizations ascertain the progressive stages, both the organization and team will go through to reach program maturity;
- Realizes the fullest potential of the transformational exercise.
- Along with enabling organizations to ascertain their current program stage, the index helps with inputs and ‘must haves’ for a plan of upward progression.
The Brew’s OKR Capability Maturity Model helps Organizations with the following:
- Ascertain the current program maturity stage across 10 elemental dimensions of OKR methodology – At Aggregate level & Individual Level, this enables to understand the under-developed elements, basis current OKR capability maturity score
- Ascertain the capability maturity path for upward progression to next level (at Aggregate Level & at Individual Element Level)
- Overall OKR capability maturity score helping us understand the overall maturity
- Optimal Goal Strategy for the current stage (Roofshots – Moonshots – Continuous)
OKRs are one of the most powerful goal alignment technique that we have come across. The operative word here is goal alignment – the framework gives equal measure of power & autonomy to all the stakeholders – The Organization decides the ‘Why’, Leadership decides the ‘What’ & Operational Teams decide the ‘How’. This flywheel, if deployed properly, enables empowerment, accountability, autonomy & alignment. For in-depth insights & comprehensive guides about OKRs – Check out the following detailed reads, enriched with nuances & learnings from actual deployment across high growth workplaces: A 6 part comprehensive OKR Manual on demystifying OKRs, The Ultimate OKR Checklist & Key Lessons learned from OKR Case Studies.
About The Brew:
The Brew, enables high impact solutions on levers of human capital, enhancing organizational performance – capability – effectiveness yield, basing to build high performance teams & sustainable high impact workplaces, with ultimate objective to create competitive advantages. Be it building high performing workplaces, or high potential teams, improving organizational effectiveness, or organizational trust, engagement, embedded-ness, culture or to improve business outcomes, human capital ROI – we leverage our demonstrated competence in these outcomes to transform organization. Check out The Brew & The Brew Store for further info.